This photo has been loaned by Mr John Dawson, via John Abbott. It shows the buildings around the area of Sparrow Lane c.1955.

The house to the right of the lane shows it before it was altered and is now (2008) occupied by Mrs Ann Howell (nee Dawson) and the next house to the right was occupied by Mr and Mrs George Dawson, John and Ann's parents. The next building to the right was Mr and Mrs Turner's newsagents shop and the rest of that building was occupied by Miss Dibb and Miss Cullen.

To the left of Sparrow Lane can be seen what is now (2008) Pam's Hairdressers and further to the left can be seen Witham Bank and Jasmine House. In the bottom right hand corner of the photo can be seen Kenworthy's Garage.

  Back