This show the original village school, which was opened in 1847, extended in 1893 and demolished in1984. The view is from the north, across Main Road, with the School Master's House in the left background. This would be the school refered to by contributors under this "Childhood" section of the website and also by Winifred Swallow  in the "Other" section of the website. This, and the next two photos were taken in 1982.

  Next  

 

  Back