The Attached photo was loaned by Mrs Bessie Dring via John Abbott. It was taken in July 1950 and shows Mr. and Mrs.Barnes attending Mrs Dring's sisters wedding at Westborough Church. Before they retired Mr. and Mrs.Barnes ran Barnes's Store that is now (2008) Long Bennington Post Office and Fish and Chip Shop.

On another part of the web site Mr.Barnes can be seen standing next to his horse drawn delivery cart.

A few years before the date of the photo (1950) the business had been taken over by Mr. Harold Wilson who still used the horse drawn cart up until around the same date(1950) and it was driven by Mr. Aubrey Spicer.

   Next  

 

  Back